CPS’s School Council welcomes all parents/guardians of CPS students to join us at our monthly meetings and participate in making CPS a positive experience for all involved. We offer opportunities to volunteer to help with various events throughout the year. Joining Council enables you, as a parent/guardian, to guide and influence your child’s school.
Our mission: To grow and foster a collaborative and respectful environment in which students, teachers, staff, and parents, work together to build and uphold a strong, successful, and positive school community.
(Interested in volunteering? Also see our HELP WANTED: Volunteer Opportunities & Open Positions Council page!)
On this page:
Council Meeting Schedule
Council meets monthly, typically on the third Thursday evening of the month.
Time: 7:00pm – 9:00pm
Location: The school library.
2017-18 Council Meeting Schedule:
- Thursday, Sept 14, 2017
- Thursday, Oct 19, 2017
- Thursday, Nov 9, 2017
- Thursday, Dec 14, 2017
- Thursday, Jan 18, 2018
- Thursday, Feb 15, 2018
- Thursday, Mar 22, 2018
- Thursday, Apr 19, 2018
- Thursday, May 17, 2018
- Thursday, Jun 14, 2018
Upcoming Council Events:
- CPS Fun Fair: Thursday, September 21, 2017
- Magazine Fundraiser: How to Register and Order
- Mental Health & Well-being Parent Event: Tuesday, November 14, 2017
Archived Meeting Documents
(Please note: Paper copies of the Agenda, Minutes and Treasurer’s Reports are available upon request.)
2017-2018 School Year – Meeting Documents
Thursday, Sept 14, 2017
Older School Council Meeting Documents
- 2016-2017 School Year – Meeting Documents
- 2015-2016 School Year – Meeting Documents
- 2014-2015 School Year – Meeting Documents
- 2013-2014 School Year – Meeting Documents
- 2016-17 Fun Fair: Thursday, Sep 22, 2016
- Social Media Literacy – 2016-17 PRO Grant Parent Event
- Healthy Kids Make Good Learners – 2015-16 PRO Grant Parent Event: Thursday, April 21, 2016
- Conestogo Counts – 2014-15 PRO Grant Parent Event: April 20, 2015
Founded in Oct 2000, Waterloo Region Assembly of Public School Councils (WRAPSC) is a group of volunteer parents, representing WRDSB schools to discuss matters that impact a significant portion of our schools.
Our School Council sends a representative to each WRAPSC meeting.
For more information, visit: WRDSB website – WRAPSC page
Categories: School Council