CPS’s School Council welcomes all parents/guardians of CPS students to join us at our monthly meetings and participate in making CPS a positive experience for all involved. We offer opportunities to volunteer to help with various events throughout the year. Joining Council enables you, as a parent/guardian, to guide and influence your child’s school.
Our mission: To grow and foster a collaborative and respectful environment in which students, teachers, staff, and parents, work together to build and uphold a strong, successful, and positive school community.
(Interested in volunteering? Also see our HELP WANTED: Volunteer Opportunities & Open Positions Council page!)
On this page:
Council Meeting Schedule
Council meets monthly, typically on the third Wednesday evening of the month.
Time: 7:00pm – 9:00pm
Location: Virtually (Google Meet – link is sent out one or two days prior).
2021-22 Council Meeting Schedule:
- Wednesday, September 29, 2021
- Wednesday, November 3, 2021
- Wednesday, November 17, 2021 (supplemental)
- Wednesday, December 15, 2021 – cancelled
- Wednesday, January 19, 2022
- Wednesday, February 16, 2022
- Wednesday, March 23, 2022
- Wednesday, April 20, 2022
- Wednesday, May 18, 2022
- Wednesday, June 15, 2022
2020-21 Council Events:
- FlipGive Fundraising: shop online and raise funds for our school! (Ongoing)
- Mabel’s Labels Fundraising: Keep your items out of the ‘lost and found’ with these customizable labels, tags, and clothing stamps!
- Virtual Silent Auction (December) – thank you for your support!
- Maple syrup sales (early spring) – this was a wildly popular event, and we look forward to repeating it this year!
- Digital Safety Presentation for parents and older students (February)
Archived Meeting Documents
(Please note: Paper copies of the Agenda, Minutes and Treasurer’s Reports are available upon request.)
2021-2022 School Year – Meeting Documents
Older School Council Meeting Documents
- 2020-2021 School Year – Meeting Documents
- 2019-2020 School Year – Meeting Documents
- 2018-2019 School Year – Meeting Documents
- 2017-2018 School Year – Meeting Documents
- 2016-2017 School Year – Meeting Documents
- 2015-2016 School Year – Meeting Documents
- 2014-2015 School Year – Meeting Documents
- 2013-2014 School Year – Meeting Documents
- 2019 CPS Fun Fair: Thursday, September 19, 2019
- 2019 CPS Handmade Craft Sale: Saturday, October 26, 2019
- 2019 Holiday Arrangement Fundraiser: 2019 CPS Holiday Fundraiser ORDER FORM PDF
- Jump2Math Family Math Night 2018-19 PRO Grant Event: Thursday, April 11, 2019
- Mental Health & Well-being Parent Event: Tuesday, November 14, 2017
- Social Media Literacy – 2016-17 PRO Grant Parent Event
- Healthy Kids Make Good Learners – 2015-16 PRO Grant Parent Event: Thursday, April 21, 2016
- Conestogo Counts – 2014-15 PRO Grant Parent Event: April 20, 2015
Founded in Oct 2000, Waterloo Region Assembly of Public School Councils (WRAPSC) is a group of volunteer parents, representing WRDSB schools to discuss matters that impact a significant portion of our schools.
Our School Council sends a representative to each WRAPSC meeting.
For more information, visit: WRDSB website – WRAPSC page
Categories: School Council